Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Anglepoise™ Font Download

font family from ArtyType, added today

Anglepoise™

With initial thoughts of creating something tubular, I had in the back of my mind the kind of contemporary chrome furniture that became ubiquitous throughout the 60s and that concept remained with me throughout the development process.


The font-styling idea worked out very well in this case, resulting in plenty of optional character variations for my chosen theme, most of which are included in both styles in light and bold character sets.


On completion, I decided that the title ‘Anglepoise’ represented it perfectly, so Immediately checked to see if the name was taken. Happily it wasn't, but while looking up the word online and in the dictionary, I was surprised NOT to find it listed in either place as a singular word, particularly as it’s a well accepted term that’s been in constant use for as long as I can recall, especially in design circles. However, opportunistic as ever, I quickly appropriated the name for this font and would like to think I've introduced a new word into the English language accordingly.

More…

No comments:

Post a Comment